Thursday, November 12, 2015

"My Life is Unusual..."

5/29/2015
My life is unusual, but God's hand is in it.
This was my premier prayer journal entry. Over 30 years ago when I returned to the faith of my childhood, believing in God and in Jesus and salvation by the cross, (commonly known and referred to as being a Christian), I felt impressed to write a daily journal of my faith. I think God was telling me to do that. I did for a little while but it fell by the wayside. It was forgotten for all these years until May of this year when I began searching for a Prayer Journal app for my phone because I was feeling down and had a notion that journaling would help. Again, I think God planted this idea. So I found the app and my story restarted. There is blessing in obedience and healing in prayer, which for me is just my journal telling what I did, what I’m doing, how I feel and stuff like that. To my surprise, journaling really did help my sad feelings and I gained perspective and illumination in all sorts of ways I sure wasn’t planning on. Everyone has their own journey, so I don’t expect to pass on anything that will revolutionize your life. And this isn’t all about my faith journey. It is also my mother’s heart speaking about my wonderful children and that glorious part of my life, the transition to the empty nest, marriage, big change, and ripening into middle age-I hope, gracefully.
PS The one-sentence premier journal entry was made two days before I flew back to Florida from visiting in Indiana. I moved to Florida from there in 2004. I have two daughters, a son-in-law and a grandson in Indiana, and my life is there and here. More on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment